I'm kind of baffled by a large element of the Misfits fandom. It's bewildering me that all of a sudden after a hunky future-Simon shows up fangirls are suddenly squeeing all over the place about how lovely he is. Everyone seems to have completely forgotten that in series one he:
1. Stuck his hand up a semi-unconscious Kelly's skirt.
2. Spied on the girls while they were getting changed. And sniffed them.
3. Stalked the second probation worker, Sally, by actually going into her house while he was invisible and watched her eat, get undressed and even filmed her sleeping.
4. Sure he accidentally killed Sally (I'm not including that since it was an accident and Kelly killed the first one), but then he munched pizza while gazing at her propped up dead frozen body in a way that was decidedly creepy.
Sure you could put a lot of that down to him being a horny young male. And a lonely and socially inept one at that. Fine. BUT, call me uptight, but I would not easily forget that creepy moment he stuck his hand up Kelly's skirt when she was alone and vulnerable. The contrast between Simon doing that and Curtis giving her his jacket kind of says it all.
Also, I'm not including it since it's his own private fantasy and we've all got them. But when Alisha used her 'power' he did say he wanted to 'rip off her clothes and piss on her tits'. Which is just ugh. And the armpit thing. When future-Simon and Alisha were getting it on all I could think was "Fucking hell, I hope he doesn't piss on her tits, that'll really spoil the mood." It sort of spoiled any romance for me. Even if it does appear genuine on the surface.
And on top of all this:
5. I don't like the way future Simon manipulated Alisha into the romance by claiming that they fall in love. There's only his word on that. If he even is Simon anyway. Her 'power' has been a curse, she finds someone she can safely touch she's going to love that and he's taken advantage of that too.
That said. I like Simon. He's a good character, like all of them. XD I just hate the way the fangirls are all "Ohhh Simon's so SWEET and WONDERFUL." Seriously? What? I adore every one of these characters, but they're no fucking angels. They have massive flaws and Simon is no exception. No one was saying he was SO SWEET when he was being a creepy little bastard.